For those of you who didn't know, I took up running a week or so before Ryan graduated to heaven. My last conversation with Ryan, was about running. The months after Ryan's "graduation" I trained for my very first race - Run
Rocklin. Running has been great
therapy for me, if you will. My Dad ran with me, at my pace - which wasn't too bad for a novice runner (me not my Dad). My greatest friend Kristy ran the 12k. Kristy gave us each an angel pin, to represent Ryan - he was
rollin' with us.
Kaitlyn participated in the Kids 1/4 mile Fun Run, the next day I heard her complaining about being sore! I have no idea where she's heard that before...

Kaitlyn in action at the fun run, I didn't run with her as I figured she'd know what to do...see Grammy pointing her in the right direction...

My Dad and I after finishing my first 5k - I felt accomplished and
strong that day...my best day in a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment